Monday, January 12, 2009

Wretched Fool

It was, to a certain extent, a really rotten weekend and though I'm not glad to be back at work, at least something to do that takes my mind off my troubles.

I'm not one who hides my feelings very well. People usually can tell if I'm not in a good mood although I am trying to change that. I can joke and laugh as per normal despite all the worries inside but occassionally, I still lapse into a silence that just borders on withdrawal. It's like an on-off thing that I can hardly control.

Speaking of which, I haven't had a shave since Christmas Eve. I look more and more like a wretch with each passing day (At least it takes the stares away from my opened fly). Sometimes I try to do what others do, think happy thoughts. Doesn't work. Cause my only happy thoughts are with her. Oh, the frustrations....

There's the songs I listen to. Most of them are uplifting. They should help lift the mood. Crap. The songs actually remind me of her! Argh! But wait, there's the song that I've adopted as my theme song! 笨小孩 (literally translated as "stupid kid"). The more you listen to it, the more it sounded like myself (apart from the timeline of course, I wasn't born in the 60s). So much so I just end up singing along to it on my way down from the office, with no one around cause I suck at singing anyway.

So yeah, this poor fool will for the time being be a little more happy and go with the flow. Even if he knows the game is all but lost, there's no point worrying about that at this point in time. All he can do is continue to hope his days and his luck will turn for the better.

The writer just had his first shave of the year (and first cut, stupid razor). He has turned fom looking like a wretch to (gasp!) still looking like a wretch. Anyone wanna drag him to the karaoke? He's not paying of course.

No comments: