Thursday, January 15, 2009

Best Job in the World

Endurance. It's a mind game. You go further when you block out the pain and faster with every gush of adrenaline. But as everything in this fragile human body, the limits of the mind are not boundless.

Sometimes, I just hate the type of work I have to go through day in day out. Thankless, unappreciated and unrecognised work. So far I've managed to smoke my way along, eking out a survival route somehow. Now that the Government of Queensland has came up with this "Best Job in the World" position, I really feel like going for it.

Why? For one, it offers me the chance to go back to one of the most beautiful places in the world. The pay is exceptionally high (I dun think I'll get to see that sum of money in the near future even with maximum scrounging) and it is a chance to get a break one can always make do with.

Why not? I'm probably up against pretty much the rest of the world (duh). I'm too lazy to get down to making a short clip for submission. I'm not so much a PR person, neither do I think I best qualify for the job. My luck is pretty much non-existent (in spite of my omikuji widget telling me otherwise. Yeah, that green blob swaying around) so given the odds are far behind the odds of striking a lottery, I think its a safer bet to go for the lottery.

As you can see, the odds are pretty much against me (sounds familiar, no?). What do you guys think? To go or not to go?

The writer is starting to plan for some holidaying. Anyone has any good places to recommend?

No comments: