Monday, May 18, 2009

Minor ramblings on a sleepless night

It's one of those nights plagued with insomnia and so here I am to summarise some thoughts of the events that have come to pass.

First up, there's the coup and counter-coup within a local organisation that has drama written all over it. Amidst all the big hoo-ha over the incident, I find it mildly amusing that a small organisation with a membership of 3000 (effectively less than that have voting rights) claiming to represent a 3-million size population. Sounds arrogant and elitist to me.

Now if we go deeper into this cesspool, we get to the mudslinging of claims and counter-claims (whoopee). Apparantly, it began with an issue with the "direction" (ahem ahem) the organistion has been gearing towards but in the end it mutated into an issue with secularism and "civil movement". It's all a farce and a damn big joke if you asked me. It is of no surprise to me that, after the counter-coup parties claimed "victory" in the name of "tolerance", a certain group organised a "support" event shortly after. If there was to be a "victory" parade, it's very subtle indeed.

On the flip side, after a roller-coaster season (the up has been good but the occassional down was too sttep for my liking), I can finally heave a sigh of relief as the championship has been sewn up. Making it even better was denying the arch-rival any further attempts to churn up their nonsense. Sure you've beaten us twice but what has that got you? I guess it's finally time for me to do the gloating huh? But don't worry, I'll hold it off for just another few more days before I finally let it rip. Having been at the recieving end of some rather unsavoury comments posted up in FB, I'll be civil enough so as not to drop to your level. Revenge is a dish best served cold indeed.

Finally, been busy working and working. Job and hobby. Yes yes, I know I spend too much free time either on my hobby or on the internet. I got hooked on a certain anime too, even though it's one year late but hey, at least I don't get the chance to splurge on related merchandise anymore. Lately, I think I'm displaying more and more of the otaku trait. i.e. buying/wearing anime related clothing, hanging toys on my bag, unveiling that gigantic framed wedding poster of my favourite character.... (yes yes, I'm not running from the fact that I'm still single and unwanted)

One last note. Here's a song found within that anime. I think I know a few people who will probably loathe this song if they knew what it is about. ;)

http://www.esnips.com/doc/0414489c-b97c-4b67-9a07-017d5667da64/01---Misoji-Misaki

The writer is still not able to sleep. That pile of comics in the corner is starting to look very tempting....

No comments: