Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dear Friends...

It is with great sadness that we bid farewell to an eventful year. The extravagence of the Olympic Games in Beijing, the trajedies of the Sichuan earthquake, the China milk scandals, the disasterous financial meltdown...

As we look back and recall the events that were, we now turn our sights to what is to come. The new year brings new hope for all. The hope for peace, the hope for stability, the hope for happiness. As we close the book for the year, it is time for us to reflect and think of what we can do in the coming year to better ourselves.

New Year resolutions. Chief of all has always been to control this temper of mine for almost a decade now. While I haven't been all that successful, at least I think I'm at least much closer to reaching that than I was then.

Next in line is to continue getting that extra $200 for my annual IPPT. Age seems to be catching up but I think I can still hack it if I start training well before the traditional slot I've picked out.

Finally, against all odds, I would very much like to get an answer to the question that has been haunting me for the past 3 years.

The writer has taken a sabbatical from all the worries and troubles to wish everyone a Happy New Year and better times ahead.

No comments: