Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Heat is On

Boy has it been hot. The sweltering heat has been smelling like a piece of burnt meat and to a certain extent, the heat is going up to my head. For the last two or three days, it seems as if I could have blown up any time as patience desserted.

It wasn't entirely due to the heat though. True, one becomes easily irritable and short fused after spending hours on end working under the sun. The igniting point was the comments brought forth by the office-dwellers, the NATO (No Action Talk Only) group. I doubt I should go into the details since it'll simply degrade into a ranting session.

So here I am, day three of the week and starting to show signs of fatigue. It feels like the oozing of sweat also forces out the energy in your body. I guess now at least people get an idea on how the coral polyps around the world are feeling.

Moving on, I'm please to say I have cleared my hurdle for this year. After nearly missing out on my silver award yet again with a fault jump in my 2nd IPPT, I managed to squeeze the PTI for a compensating jump after telling him off that "I'm not here to pass the damn thing, I'm here to get my silver". And just to be on the safe side, I more or less aced the other stations saved for the 2.4km run, proof that I have what it takes to stay in good physical condition despite spending more time in front of the computer nowadays.

As for the rest of you who keep giving the "no time" excuse, you suck. Your body your life so I'm looking forward to humiliating you over your body shape if you intend to do nothing about it.

The writer is still on a short fuse. The men in white coats are on standby outside the door.

No comments: