Friday, February 05, 2010

Leaving the forest for one tree

Updates and entries have slowed down quite a bit recently haven't it? (No, it's not as if we're paying you to slack your time away. -Ed) Everything has been well and good, saved for a few more white hair coming into existence... (it's called aging. - Ed)

I have read with interest several poor souls out there who suffered the same relationship problems I had, falling for someone they shouldn't have. The typical love-triangles or secret admirers gig in regular soaps or dramas. Though I can't say the end results will all be the same, I find the disparaging remarks by many commentors hard to swallow.

Granted there have been a fair amount of positive advice and encouragement for the poor guys (yeah, appears that guys suffer from this more often). However, the general advice of the crowd appears to keep away from such relationships for fear of ending up hurt. I can attest to the hurt part, especially so when you know there isn't much hope. I am however left peeved by the most (over-rated) analogies many people love to use.

"Why give up the entire forest for just one tree?" or "The ocean is full of fish"

Has it occurred to you simpletons that love is one of the most powerful emotions in our mind? I think the only other one should be rage. Why powerful? Try thinking straight when you're under the influence of these two emotions.

Rather than try to possess the entire forest or consume all the ocean's fish, I'm content with finding my tree or fish. One that I'd enjoy tending to everyday, instead of wandering around aimlessly. What good is an entire forest that you can't focus on all the trees and they eventually die away, leaving you with nothing in the end. Being a simple guy, I'd prefer to find my tree to nurture and tend to. So for all you guys out there who share this dilemma, go forth and pursue your dreams. You might just have your dreams realised.

The writer is currently still wearing that silly grin on his face. Time to give him a whack on the head - Ed

No comments: