Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Back to work

How is everybody? Coming back from a 2 month hiatus (Read: AWOL!! - Ed), the traveller fatigue is somewhat gone although I could always use more breaks. My mind's somewhat cleared by now and I'm just about ready to give up chasing shadows.

Ever since my last entry, I have been piling in a fair bit of energy into completing my piece for the (somewhat) gala competition for the year. The annual Bandai Asia Universal Kit Competition (BAKUC for short) and managed to complete it to a somewhat satisfactory level just before the submission deadline. The bad news is, the worse is yet to come. The stress was simply too much to handle as the piece is placed on display among so many other nicely done pieces. The stress is not in the expectation of my own but rather the feeling of inadequacy among so many pros. This should be the first and last time I'm going to be doing something like this again.

Work-wise, managed to settle some heavyweight issues, really heavy one at that. Although the weather does seem to get on my nerves. If it isn't one thing, it's usually the other. Then there's the disparaging remarks from some friends of my colleagues about me being an otaku. He had been trying to introduce me to some of his Japanese friends (females of course) ever since he knew I was into their culture and all. From what I heard, the first question out of their mouths when my colleague mentioned I do models was, yup: OTAKU? As if it's a disease or illness. Fine. I could do without company that shows such disdain for a largely misunderstood hobby. Try turning $50 worth of plastic into something worth over $200. Would you even pay over $500 for a "TOY"?

Anyway, I finally got my hands on the CD I was hunting for. Apparently only HMV carries it and they had been out of stock for the last 3 to 4 times I was down to ask for it. It may just be a soundtrack for a movie but the instrumental scores are really phenomenal and I'll certainly be playing this for my car rides.

The writer is still trying to ease the tension within his body as he quietly awaits the year-end break that is to come.

No comments: