Monday, February 23, 2009

Going...going...gone

That's it. The deadline has come and gone. I will not be getting that dream job afterall. I would have done it for the cheap just to be back there again but it seems to me that it's not for me to go back to paradise just yet. Confused? I'm talking about that dream job of lazing around on Hamilton island on the Great Barrier Reef.

This is not the first time I've let go of a chance to fufil a dream. That number will continue to increase due to the pressures of reality and the increasingly evident lack of ability to make it to that level. I guess that's why they call it "reality bites". Except that it doesn't just bite you, reality chews you up really badly, spit you out and then proceeds to squash you into the dirt.

I know I sound too cynical, I've also been told that some of my earlier posts seem too "emo". Evidently my stab at humour wasn't that obvious or maybe I've just lost that edge too. I could do with a holiday right now, just to get away from it all. Yeah, I know at least someone who'll say just do it and stop thinking of the consequences. I may be desperate but I still retain some hint of reason not to splash the cash. Just because I have no current commitments doesn't mean I should. And yes, I'd agree with your (deliberately) dismissive remark that it is my choice, though not a very favourable one but the most logical one at this point in time.

Besides, I am already "overseas" 5 days a week.... :)

The writer wishes to suggest that the reader try not to take what is written here too seriously. The writer also wishes to express his gratitude for the readers' concern. For if the reader doesn't care for the writer, why is the reader even reading this at all?

No comments: