Thursday, December 31, 2009

MMIX

And here we have it, an end to another year and what a way to end it.

I have been dragged out of my vacation leave and have been working overtime for the past 6 days, including New Year's eve. It's also another working day tomorrow too and possibly for the next few days too.

It simply pisses me off that extra work keeps streaming in just because the big boss wants to show some form of generosity. I may sound heartless but to state a cold hard fact very clearly, dealing with live organisms is never a bed of roses. You cannot expect every venture to have huge rewards without taking the risks into consideration. C'est le vie.

My colleagues and I ended our eve by fooling around in office while we wait for the meeting by our senior management to end.

Looking back, it has been a fairly lousy year with only minor glimmers to be found. The only star light I found promptly disappeared for the rest of the year and in the meantime, a long-anticipated trip next year appears to be in tetters as it seems that I have been played out.

What a way to end and begin a year. Having that little bit of starlight around will probably help...

The writer has been sporting the stone-face look for the last few days now and is likely to look even more glum as the next anticipated wave of shit is about to hit the fan...

No comments: