Friday, July 24, 2009

That kind of time

By all accounts, this has been a fairly bad week. I'm getting bald, fat and grumpy....

Well, not really but it has been a lousy week starting from day one. Even before work started, I had a call from my boss, berating me for some fault or mistake that was somehow not mine.

Being in the midst of Monday blues and compounded by the morning irritation, I nearly blew my top when it was implied that everything was due to my incompetence. I barely was able to regain control when I tersely semi-shouted back through the phone. With that, the mood was more or less soured.

That same afternoon, I picked up an injury while doing work. I think I overstrained a tendon in my hand as I felt the twinge and till today, my middle knuckle still hurts when I exert it. Even the simplest force rendered from pulling something causes a sharp pain to shoot up the arm.

Then, it rained on my parade. Well, not literally my parade but you get the drift. I had been hoping to catch another partial solar eclipse but after bright sunny starts to the previous few days, it chose to pour on that day. I noticed that this tends to happen almost everytime there's something to see up there. I guess the tag of Rainman is not too far-fetched. I feel for those in Shanghai too.

Worse still, I just got notified that my income tax has doubled as compared to the previous year. This is in spite of my pay NOT doubling and no mid-year bonus to cover it. Plus now I'm saddled with paying the bills since my dad got hospitalised. At least his ok now and recuperating at a relative's place. Money goes out faster than you can save up doesn't it?

So here we are. Thank goodness it's Friday. I'm still feeling prickly and edging for a fight. Of course, I blame it all on a DVD marathon of House M.D. Season 3. So if you're at the receiving end so far, take this back with you: I can be a jerk to people I haven't slept with. I am that good.

The writer is currently in the midst of going through a fat novel with itty-bitty print. Season 4 of House beckons him from the corner of his shelf.

No comments: